March is here and spring is finally on its way, which means it’s time to start packing away snow boots, shovels, and ski coats in preparation for warmer weather. As we move into the spring season, it’s also time to take care of some seasonal home maintenance after a long, cold and snow-filled winter. The month of March is a good time to begin home maintenance that can be completed before warm weather is here to stay. As Gilley knows, many of us can’t wait for that day to come.
To help you get on the right track, we have a March Home Maintenance list that you can get started on. Completing these tasks will help to protect your home, prevent damage, and hopefully improve your home’s quality for you and your family:
- Inspect interior and exterior walls for signs of moisture and damage. Address any water problems right away.
- Clear out your gutters of all debris, and make sure downspouts point away from the foundation by at least three feet.
- Test your sump pump by pouring water into the silo to raise the float and to activate the motor.
- Schedule an A/C inspection to ensure your unit is in good condition for safe operation.
- Change your air filter (every one to three months) so your air conditioner can work efficiently.
- Schedule a ductwork cleaning to eliminate dust buildup, which could affect the performance of your air conditioner and the quality of your indoor air.
- Perform a thorough whole-home cleaning by vacuuming, dusting, washing windows, etc. and open windows for ventilation.
- Clean your garbage disposal to eliminate odor and prevent clogs with baking soda, ice, and other natural products found in your kitchen.
- Clean your dryer vent and exhaust ducts to get rid of lint buildup beyond the lint trap.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and test them once a month.
Latest posts by Gillece Services (see all)
- Veteran Training Programs for Careers in the Trades - October 3, 2014
- Where You Can Find Us - September 25, 2014
- Fall Furnace Maintenance - September 22, 2014
- Entrepreneuring Youth Visits Gillece Office and Training Facility - August 13, 2014