Hello everyone, this is Gilley your favorite parrot wishing you a very happy Fall! Autumn is personally one of my favorite seasons as I am sure it is yours. I bet you’ve noticed the weather getting cooler; there is no doubt that it is time to turn on the heat.
As you once again turn on the heat this cool season, here are some great reminders about furnace safety to help keep you and your love ones safe this fall and winter. Burr! Just thinking about winter makes me ruffle up my feathers!
• Fresh Filters – Your furnace filter should be changed 3 to 4 times a year, but when you’re using your furnace so much during the cooler months, it is a good idea to change the filter every 1 to 2 months. This will improve the performance of your furnace and give you cleaner air. This easy project will also save you money on your electric bill!
• Carbon Monoxide Dangers – Carbon Monoxide is a dangerous gas that is produced by a gas furnace. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision, loss of consciousness and death. This gas is odorless and colorless which makes it so dangerous. An improperly working gas furnace can produce a lethal amount of carbon monoxide. To avoid this hazardous gas, have your furnace inspected before use and purchase a carbon monoxide alarm. Most hardware stores carry dual fire and carbon monoxide alarms.
• Keep it Clean – With all of the seasonal decorations, it is easy to forget about the cleanliness of your furnace. Your furnace should be thoroughly cleaned 1 to 2 times a year. You should also regularly dust the outside and vent of your furnace. Always remember to keep the area around your furnace free from any obstructions – you wouldn’t want to catch your home on fire.
Put your mind at ease and take heed in these safe furnace safety tips. Follow these suggestions and you and your family will stay warm and healthy this season!
Latest posts by Gillece Services (see all)
- How to Properly Winterize Your Air Conditioning Unit – 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Top Benefits of Automating Your Home - October 6, 2017
- How To Prevent Your Downspout from Clogging - October 4, 2017
- Must-Do Fall Activities in Pittsburgh – 2017 - September 29, 2017